In 2014, CIIC was established with the mission to share stories, build relationships, and connect Catholic Impact Investors.
The Mission Statement of CIIC is: “Through sharing our relatable experiences and learning we expand Impact Investing among Catholic organizations.”
WHO WE ARE
The Group was established in November 2014 as an informal “neutral space” for people to come together, share a meal and stories, and build relationships based on their spiritual as well as financial commitment to Impact Investing. It was started in the US Midwest and is now expanding to the Northeast and beyond. Participants in CIIC collectively manage over $50 billion in assets. Participants come from a wide range of Catholic Institutions including Ascension Health, Franciscan Sisters of Mary, Daughters of Charity, Mercy Investment Services, Dayton University, Catholic Relief Services, SSM Health, Marianist Province of the US, Healey International Relief Foundation and others. Advisors from Graystone Consulting, Goldman Sachs, and Merrill Lynch, and other firms are also helping to support the work of CIIC.
CIIC is now looking to broaden its relationships and connections, spreading a message of the power and potential of Impact Investing to further the mission and values of Catholic institutions. On this website you will find stories from active Catholic Impact Investors about their successes and challenges, resources to further your knowledge of Impact Investment, and best-practices that we have collected over many different conversations. If you would like to hear more about CIIC's work and potentially partner in our evolving efforts, please contact John O'Shaughnessy or one of the other members of the Steering Committee member and we will let you know how best to get involved. Steering committee members are:
John O'Shaughnessy, (Founder) CFO/CEO Franciscan Sisters of Mary email@example.com
Jake Barnett, Institutional Consultant, Graystone Consulting firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Cook, Senior Director of Business Development, Ascension Investment Management Jessica.Cook@ascension.org
Pat Dinneen, Board Member, Catholic Relief Services and Senior Advisor, Emerging Markets Private Equity Association email@example.com
Kathleen Hegenbart, Private Wealth Manager, Merrill Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
What We dO
- Share Stories: In CIIC we believe in the power of stories and their ability to make a complex subject like Impact Investing come to life.
- Build Relationships: CIIC began with a conversation over dinner. Throughout its evolution CIIC has remained focused on the power of the "hang-out effect"; that deeper level of trust that comes from meeting someone and sharing a meal, a coffee, or a conversation face to face.
- Foster Collaboration: CIIC members often find innovative and unforeseen opportunities for collaboration through the sharing of stories and best-practices.
- Grow Catholic Impact Community: As a result of sharing stories, building relationships, and fostering collaboration we aim to organically grow a community of passionate supporters of Catholic Impact Investing.
- Leave Room For The Holy Spirit: At the end of the day, everyone involved in CIIC comes to the group because of a shared desire to be of service. Keeping the Holy Spirit in the middle of these dialogues is a central pillar of who CIIC is and will continue to be.